Ease Receiver (iOS & Android), Ease MD Sender (iOS & Android)
EASE is a platform which enables communication between hospital staff (doctors, nurses…etc) and families of patients in the hospitals. It allows doctors and nurses to send updates of patients to their families via one- way messages or two-way video calls. One-way messages include text, photos and videos. The platform is used by many hospitals
across the US.
The client-side of platform consists of two mobile apps: Easer MD sender for doctors to send messages, and Ease Receiver for families to receive communication.
Many technologies and features were used for this platform including:
- Patient health data encryption for HIPPA compliance
- Barcode scanning using camera (with external barcode
scanner support for Android)
- In-app photo & video recording with ability to send and
receive the media
- Real-time messaging using different technologies such as
- Chime SDK integration for two-way video communication
- AWS S3 integration for binary uploads (photos & videos)
- Native support of push notifications for both iOS & Android